I recently read the book Thirteen Reasons Why over the summer. This book was amazng, and I enjoyed it very much. However, it isn't one of those books that calms you, and is just a very warm and cozy story. This book is very real. The book is based on this girl named Hannah Baker, and she is real. Hannah Baker is a girl that commited suicide, but before she overdosed on pills she decided to make thirteen tapes, which were the thirteen reasons as to why she killed herself. Each reason is on a tape, and each tape is about one particular person. The tapes get sent around to all thirteen people, so each experiences what they did to make the idea of suicide even considerable. The thirteen tapes are like a snow ball affect, one thing leads to another thing, and the ball keeps rolling.
I loved this book so much, because I am one of those people who love sad, and depressing books. I do not like scary books though, so when I picked it out I was afraid it would be too scary, but it thankfully was not. When i first began reading I hated Hannah Baker, there was something about her that made me believe she was a bit creepy and weird. But, as the story grew, so did Hannah's affect on me. I feel like she changed through the course of the story, that by the thirteenth tape she was so different, so much more grown up, so much wiser. By the end Hannah finally realized what suicide really ment, and she still decided, and knew it was the right choice. The main character Clay is one of the poeple on the tapes, and he leads you through the book while he experiences the tapes. So, you experience it with him. By the end of the book Hannah's suicide had a big affect on everyone, including me. I was extremely heartbroken to see her go, but I think she finally realized she was comfortable with her decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment