I am in the middle of reading The Future of Us, written by Jay Asher, and Carolyn Mackler. This book is about two teenagers that discover their futures on Facebook, before Facebook was even invented. The futures they discover are both mentally and physically disrupting. It causes them to change what is happening now, so that their futures change. Either in a good way, or bad. It also makes them realize what their lives are really like, are they doing everything possible to be a good person? Emma and Josh are best friends, and recently something occurred between them that made it awkward to be around each other. These future findings bring them closer together, and aid their friendship. In a way, seeing their lives 15 years from now actually helps.
I feel like the conflict is resolving different for both of them. For Josh the conflict seems to be just starting, and for Emma it seems like it's over. Josh ends up marrying the most popular girl in school, something he would never guess now. At school he is now trying to actually make conversation with her, knowing that she will be his future wife. She is starting to take a notice of him, which is making him very self concious. The reason I think his conflict is just beginning is because he doesn't know what is going to happen to his future with the most popular girl in school if he starts talking to her this early. I think the conflict will be over when he finds out what his future looks like after talking to her.
Even though Josh's conflict is just beginning i feel like Emma's is ending. This is because, Emma just broke it off with her boyfriend Gram, and she tweeked her future by ending it with her supposed to be husband. Emma is on the path of her future, while josh is still trying to get on it. I also feel like they both have a conflict going with eachother. I think they both know they are in love with eachother, but won't admit it. They easily get jealous when they see eachother talking to other girls or guys. That conflict I feel like is in the middle right now, or the climax. I'm just waiting to find out what will happen next.

No comments:
Post a Comment